Are you passionate about empowering developers to build amazing Augmented Reality experiences with Niantic’s AR Real World Platform? We are looking for a developer advocate who can inspire and empower the ever-growing developer community using Niantic’s Real World Platform. You will work closely with platform developers and game teams to gain a holistic understanding of the developer journey. You will help them succeed, and advocate for an outstanding developer experience in our platform. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Work closely with developers to share knowledge about standard methodologies within Niantic’s AR Real World Platform.
- Collect and distill feedback from developers to improve Niantic’s AR Real World Platform.
- Write documentation, articles, and tutorials to support Niantic’s AR Real World Platform.
- Become the “first line of defense” for developer questions and support.
- Help define Niantic’s developer relations strategy, including crafting content strategy and identifying impactful developer events.
- You have 3+ years of experience working in developer relations, developer advocacy, developer evangelism, or a related field.
- You have a solid technical and game-building experience with Unity3D.
- You have strong listening and communication skills.
- You are great at writing user documentation and tutorials.
- You have built AR/VR games and shipped them.
- You have C++ experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, and Hamburg.