Niantic’s Security Team seeks a security operations engineer to improve and maintain Niantic’s corporate security stance for our globally distributed sites and workforce. You will help to secure our corporate and production environments, review and audit our services, and consult with our product teams on best practices to keep our users safe.
- Define, document, implement and maintain mechanisms and controls for the corporate network security environment, including routing, firewalls, remote access, corporate server infrastructure, etc.
- Harden and reduce the attack surface of employee endpoints.
- Enhance logging and monitoring infrastructure of the corporate environment (in collaboration with threat monitoring / IR).
- Work on user and endpoint authentication and authorization services in our corporate environment..
- Consult with and audit the environments of acquisitions and trusted partners.
- Consult with a wide variety of internal teams on the use of third party services, and general support.
- Help implement and support a wide variety of core security systems in our corporate environment.
- Help with security education of our employees.
- Consult on matters of physical security policy and practice, especially as it relates to the management of these systems.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a global company with cloud-centric infrastructure.
- You have in-depth experience in remotely and locally administering multiples of MacOS, Windows, Linux.
- You can demonstrate strong scripting / programming skills.
- You have demonstrated strong communication and team skills in a distributed environment.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.