Niantic's Engineering Team seeks a security engineer to improve the security stance of our software systems and server infrastructure. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. Do you want to be part of our security team, and make our internal and user-facing services safer and more robust? In the future, you will also have the opportunity to build up your own group.
- You perform Security reviews and audits of our platform and application software.
- You offer consulting services for our product teams, and security operations.
- You help build up hardened in-house libraries and deployment setups.
- You build out tooling, launch engineering efforts for scanning, fuzzing, and other security-centric systems.
- You review third-party libraries.
- You manage vulnerability remediation of in-house and third-party software.
- You help educate software engineers in security concerns, codify standard software development practices across teams.
- You lead red-team efforts on the product side and collaborate with SRE.
- Over time, you build up and lead a team of security engineers.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a global company with cloud-centric infrastructure.
- You have in-depth experience in hardening distributed web services and platform architectures.
- You can demonstrate strong programming skills and in-depth understanding of the different classes of vulnerabilities and exploits in modern Unix and Web stacks.
- You have demonstrated strong communication and team skills in a distributed environment.
- You have prior experience with red team efforts or tracking of mitigation efforts.
- You led a group of security engineers in the past.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.