Niantic’s Engineering Team seeks a Senior Graphics Engineer to help build the next generation of games. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions. We’re looking for highly skilled engineers who can produce clean, concise, expressive, and well-managed code utilizing leading-edge tools and systems. As part of our team, you will learn the latest trends and technologies in the field of Graphics and AR.
- Understanding and being able to troubleshoot, diagnose, analyze, and extend complex rendering systems and art pipelines.
- Rapidly gathering, understanding, prototyping and creating effective solutions for complex requirements.
- Sharing knowledge of our existing pipelines and developing graphical competencies in our more junior engineers.
- Anticipating the needs of our art team to ensure systems and tools are available to meet their needs.
- Delivering feedback compassionately and constructively in order to improve oneself, others, and the project.
- Excitedly working with new and upcoming technologies in mobile, VR, AR, mixed-reality, and beyond.
- 7+ years experience working as a game engineer in the following environments.
- Unity, Visual Studio, and C#
- C++, Objective-C, and Java
- Windows and OSX
- iOS, Android, and PC
- Experience having shipped several titles in a graphics role.
- Expert knowledge of real time rendering.
- Experience helping, mentoring, and supporting other engineers.
- You have experience, knowledge and understanding of parallel processing, compute shaders, busses, and dma.
- You have experience in optimization, systems architecture, profiling, tooling, and reporting.
- You have worked with Vulkan, Metal, DX12, HLSL, GLSL, and ShaderLab.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.