Niantic’s Engineering Team seeks a DevOps Engineer to support our development, test and production teams through the managing and building of Niantic’s infrastructure, systems and services. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Build infrastructure to support AWS-based Cloud services and infrastructure, managing the configuration as well as ensuring systems & services are leveraging best practices & standards.
- Perform load testing, participate in code reviews and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- Design and implement monitoring and fault-tolerance systems for Java-based servers, in tandem enhancing the monitoring of systems, services and hardware to enable expedient identify of issues.
- Collaborate with other engineers to ensure that new and upgraded deployed systems meet internal standards for reliability, availability, latency and cost.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical major with equivalent experience.
- Experience monitoring or engineering a multi-server service with substantial traffic.
- Working knowledge of enterprise container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with deployment on hosting providers, especially with Amazon Web Services, especially with EC2, ELB and RDS services.
- You have experience with a compiled server-side language, such as Java or C#.
- You have Linux experience, with either an Ubuntu or Debian focus.
- You have experience with RabbitMQ or another AMQP implementation.
- You are familiar with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby and Bash.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, and Hamburg.