Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to create the server infrastructure that supports the hosted AR/Geo platform underpinning projects such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. You will work on real-time indexing, querying and aggregation problems at massive scales of hundreds of millions of events per day. These technical challenges pertain to a single, coherent world-wide instance shared by millions of users.
- Create robust, low-latency, scalable systems that support Niantic’s products.
- Design and implement server-side features in Java.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and other departments to ensure code meets internal standards.
- Perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- You have experience engineering scalable or cloud-based server systems.
- You have experience with deployment on hosting providers, such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.
Join the Niantic team!
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.