Niantic’s Art department is seeking a talented VFX Artist to help realize compelling visual effects for both characters and UI. The VFX artist will work closely with the Art and Engineering teams to create visuals that set the bar for the next generation of AR and VR platforms.
We work with some of the world's most advanced AR technologies to design visually innovative, bleeding-edge mobile experiences for tens of millions of users worldwide, encouraging discovery, exercise, and meaningful social experiences.
- Create visual FX across all areas of the game ranging from environmental and character related FX to User Interface FX.
- Author Particle FX and shaders in the Unity Game Engine whilst making sure they are optimum for mobile and VR platforms.
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering teams, offering creative and efficient solutions to help solve performance related issues.
- Maintain clean, organized FX and Shader libraries.
- Clearly communicate updates and communicate timely concerns to the production team.
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent skillset.
- Minimum of 4 years industry or related experience.
- Proficient with Photoshop, Maya, Max or Houdini.
- Expert level skills with particle systems and node based shader creation.
- Experience having published 2 or more games.
- Self driven - actively improves skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products and learning new software packages.
- You have experience on AAA console games or high profile mobile titles.
- You have experience using the Unity game engine.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, and Hamburg.