From weather patterns to hotel costs to park availability, take a peek inside Niantic HQ as the Live Events team selects a host city:
- Is there a big, beautiful park of 50-100+ acres?
- Is the park centrally located?
- Do they allow festivals in the park?
- Is it in a safe area?
- Do you get a strong cell phone signal at the park? Is there wireless connectivity?
- Are there dates available to hold an event?
- Is the city a place that is financially accessible?
- Is the park close to hotels and public transportation?
- Does the city, including the Police Department, support the idea of an event there?
- Are there other, competing events going on during the planned event dates?
- Is there enthusiasm of the player community in that city?
- What is the density of Points of Interest (ie. PokéStops, Gyms, and Portals)?
- Is the park in an architecturally or historically interesting area?
- Will we have the ability to load in and load out commercial vehicles and physical builds/decor?
- Can we close roads to car traffic?
- Can non-players still use the park while we host our event?
- Is there parking available?
- What is the typical weather for the park on the dates being considered?
- + more
We appreciate your submission.