Our impact transcends communities around the world: when people play our games they get moving, they make friends, they explore public space, parks, local historical sites, street fairs, celebrations, and social impact events. We're working to empower millions of people to come together, create community, and help care for the world.
- 70% of Pokémon GO players feel motivated to walk more
- 47% of Pokémon GO players feel motivated to connect with others
- Billions of kilometers have been walked, 17,000 km were walked at social impact events in 2018 alone
- We’ve partnered with UNICEF Kid Power, empowering children to make a positive impact through physical activity
- Through our annual Earth Day campaign thousands of players across 41 countries have helped to pick up nearly 100 tons of trash
- With Umisakura, our players joined their community to plant eelgrass in sea beds, preventing loss and degradation of marine environments
- Through our partnership with the National Park Foundation, our players visited 331 national parks, rivers, and trails this past year
- We are partnering with the UNWTO to encourage global exploration and travel in a sustainable and universally accessible manner
Empowering local communities through games: Introducing the Niantic/Knight Fellows Program
How Games Can Inspire Learning
Celebrating World Oceans Day with Impact
Real World Games Bring Communities Together for Good
How One City Amplified a Community Event with Pokémon GO
Interested in partnering with us for bigger impact? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a social impact event you want Niantic to support? Apply here!
Each month, we work with players, local city governments, and nonprofits to help support existing fundraisers, festivals, and more. In 2018 alone, we were proud to support 142 social impactt events around the world and are always looking to promote new and diverse ways to create meaningful engagement and positive impact in communities.
+ - What is a Social Impact Event?A social impact event is an event or fundraiser where community members are encouraged to come together for a specific cause. Examples include environmental clean-ups, fundraising initiatives, and festivals.
+ - Can I host a Social Impact Event?As community members and leaders, we believe that you know what is most impactful in your own communities and we want to hear what events you’re planning! Our eligibility requirements are as follows:
- You will need to plan and execute the event independently.
- Each event should have a social impact or civic engagement focus.
- The request must be submitted at least 3 months prior to the event date.