Niantic’s mission is to draw people outdoors, inspire exploration, encourage exercise, and create connection. Our live events are a core way we fulfill this mission and we want to make sure Players are able to have a safe and enjoyable experience. To make this happen, we ask that all Players, vendors, media, volunteers, and employees abide by this Code of Conduct in addition to our Terms of Service at Niantic events. Players attending a Meetup organized in Campfire are also expected to uphold our Code of Conduct throughout the event.
- Be considerate, respectful, and cooperative.
- Follow the rules and standards set by event staff.
- Be respectful of the event space or location.
- Be mindful of your surroundings. If you or someone else you notice is in danger, alert event staff.
- Acts or threats of violence.
- Dangerous activities that could put you or someone else at risk of physical harm.
- Possession of weapons, including firearms and accessories, explosives, knives, or any other tool that may cause serious bodily harm or death.
- Use or possession of illicit drugs or other illegal substances.
- Lewd or sexual acts.
- Nonconsensual or unwanted physical contact or sexual attention, including sexualized jokes, touching, and sexual advances.
- Behavior that shames, degrades, or harasses someone based off of their race, gender, religion, caste, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, nationality, immigration status, medical condition, veteran status, or disability.
- Encouraging, committing, or soliciting any unlawful act, including theft or defacing property.
- Refusing to follow the rules and standards set by event staff.
- Harassing, mistreating or instigating conflict with Niantic employees, Players, or other attendees.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
- Impersonating or misrepresenting yourself as a Niantic employee, media event staff, or event sponsor.
Niantic staff may, at their discretion, take any action they deem appropriate for any Player or attendee engaging in prohibited behavior, including asking an attendee to stop that behavior, reporting the Player or attendee to security, or expelling them from the event without a refund. Players or attendees who violate this Code of Conduct may be prohibited from participating in future live events. If the violation takes place at a Meetup, the Player or attendee may be barred from participating in future Meetups. All determinations of unacceptable behavior are at the discretion of Niantic staff, and their decision(s) is(are) final.
Should the violator have any Niantic accounts, Niantic reserves the right to suspend or ban any account or remove any related content at any time for any violations of the Code of Conduct at a live event.