At Niantic, people come first. We strive to build experiences that connect people in the real world and are continuously exploring new ways to support our passionate players and create platforms to give back to local communities. Because when you do good locally, you do good for the world.
In the early days at Niantic, we witnessed firsthand the powerful positive impact AR technology can have on local communities and civic engagement and have made it part of our mission to prioritize social impact in everything we do. In 2016, we formalized our social impact efforts by creating a division focused on making a positive impact through a variety of activities ranging from community events and service, supporting players to do good, and special campaigns.
Fast-forward to 2018, and we’ve taken what our technology and games already encourage–positive impact in the real world–and made it into a core part of the company. Below, you’ll find an infographic outlining some of the incredible feats we’ve accomplished together with the worldwide player community in 2018.
You can expect more events, activities and partnerships with local and global organizations that continue to support our players and local communities in 2019.
If you’re looking to learn more about what Niantic has done to make a social impact worldwide, catch up on our blog posts here:
- Playing with the Past - How Pokémon GO is inspiring people to discover Heritage
- How One City Amplified a Community Event with Pokémon GO
- Celebrating World Oceans Day
- National Park Foundation
- Celebrating the Earth Together
- Building a Better World Through Games
- Celebrating World Cleanup Day, Locally and Around the World
- Empowering Local Communities through Games: Knight / Niantic Fellows Program
- How Games Can Inspire Learning
- International Day of the Girl
- How a Garden Center Became the Birthplace for Niantic
Ideas or campaign inquiries? Write to us at email@example.com.
—Yennie Solheim, Social Impact