Sponsored Locations for Business
With 1+ billion downloads globally, we attract diverse players
- 33Median Age 143%25 - 44 year olds 141%Female 171%Households w/ Kids 1Be Part of the CommunityBeing in Pokémon GO has been a great experience for our store. We’ve reached new customers and created new friendships through our Sponsored Location.I love being able to support the local Pokémon GO Community with my sponsored gym location. This exposes my business to a group of people out to have fun and my gift shop is all about having fun!Customers love that we have a presence in the game! It shows we're integrated into the local community and that we support them to come to our store to visit and play! Being able to increase gameplay through Raids, also means we can control when more players show up!Much of our customers have moved online but Pokémon GO brings people back out into the world exploring small businesses like ourselves. What's really surprising is how diverse the player community is, and it's really cool seeing them playing inside or outside our business.Working with Niantic on the Pokémon GO small business program has been a great experience all around for my company. We have seen an increase in traffic for the store that has brought in customers for both Pokémon and non-Pokémon related products.Frequently Asked Questions
- + - Who can apply for the Niantic Sponsored Location Early Access Beta?
- + - Can a business have multiple Niantic Sponsored Locations?Currently, a business can have one Niantic Sponsored Location for each physical location the business operates, up to 30 locations (each additional location incurs subscription fees). For businesses with more locations, please contact us.
- + - What is the difference between a “standard location” and a “premium location”?
- + - What is a promotion?A promotion allows businesses to feature special promotions, new products, or seasonal content in addition to the main in-game location description and image–think of it as an extra virtual billboard space on your in-game location! Depending on the plan tier, businesses can change their promo campaign up to once or twice within a calendar month.
- + - Who will be able to see and interact with my Sponsored Location?Currently, players of Niantic games who are within roughly 0.3 miles (~500 meters) of your business’ physical location are able to view your in-game location. This will differ based on the game mechanics and game map. However, only players within 40-50 meters of the Sponsored Location are able to obtain game experiences and rewards from it, and would count as an engaged visit in game.
- + - In what Niantic products can I get Sponsored Locations for Small and Medium sized businesses?The Early Access Beta will offer Pokémon GO locations only. We will be adding more games on the Niantic Real World Platform (such as Ingress, etc.) onto the program in the future.
- 1 All demographics are based on US player demographics in 2018, collected via surveys by Frank N. Magid Associates. Niantic cannot guarantee the accuracy of third party surveys.